UV Mapping to loaded object doesn't work

Sure. Thank you, I will try to build according to your method.

Good point, Jacob, yes, makes more sense in this scenario!

I have achieved some success thanks to your advice. At the last stage, I can’t build on the edges of the surface. The program says that the faces of the pyramid are not stitched in one line. And the second question - how to distribute this row of pyramids to all other rows? Is there a way to quickly clone or do I need to build the pyramids in each row anew?

Rectangle_25send.dyn (189.3 KB)

Next step I would take is making the V isocurves as well so you build the full grid. Then extrude the isocurves in the Z axis and join the U extrusions and V extrusions into two polysurface. Split the surface by the U polysurface, and then split the resulting sub surfaces by the V polysurface. You now should have a ‘square’ for each pyramid

If the end goal is to move to Revit you can then use the corners of each square to host an adaptive component.

If you want to stay in Dynamo or need to build the surfaces, pull the corners and find the midpoint via a Point.Average node (clockwork). Use the normal of the surface at that point to offset the value and you will have the five points needed to make a pyramid.

Hi, Jacob. Can you explain why in this situation, extruded from isoline a surfaces in two directions do not join into a polysurface? Where is the mistake? This seems to be a simple operation.

Rectangle_27send.dyn (215.1 KB)

Hi Igor,
Do you want to Surface.Join all surfaces into one Surface? I don’t think that this possible, as they are disconnected. If you want to have each pair joined, you need to work with “Levels”. Click on the little “>” right beside “surface” and “otherSurfaces” to activate that option.
But that doesn’t work either. @jacob.small, do you know why? Maybe Surface.Join is not implemented for trimmed surfaces (these surfaces are)?
Thanks,
GG

Hi, Michael. Surfaces to join are not trimmed - there are two opposite drafts. Ok, I’ll try to work with the levels. In this case, I solved this problem by setting the thickness of the isocurve and filling the polycurve

with a patch. The same result was obtained. But I don’t think that it is suitable everywhere.

Okay, happy to hear you have a workaround. In fact, the surfaces are trimmed? At least they were for me, when I sent them over to Alias to check for the deviation. Seems that in Dynamo drafts are created in Z direction, and then trimmed to get the final shape (having an angle at both sides).

Not sure why that is failing, but I don’t think it is what you are after. That node is going to try and join the surface at ind[0] of input one to the surface of ind[0] of inout 2. Conversely Polysurface.ByJoinedSurfaces will create a single polysurface of all the surfaces in the list for you to work with. I recommend using on for the U value and one for the V.

Also if you are attempting the ‘thicken the surface’ method (I intended a Surface.Thicken node) which I mentioned then you need not extend inward and outward - the surface will trim just fine based on the isocurves being on the surface the needn’t pass through.

Hi. Please tell me, is it possible to swap two sheets in the list?

Hi Igor,

I don’t have the time to try it, but you could checkout the “Reorder” note?

Cheers,
GG

1 Like

Hi, Michael. Yes, the reorder note helped. Thank you.

The final result. Thanks Michael and Jacob for the cool support!

3 Likes

Looks great!!!

1 Like

There you go! Welcome to the inner circle of Dynamo users! :wink:

1 Like