Unhide Hidden Linked Element

Hi All,

I am having the following issue.I have linked structural models and hidden all the columns. Now I want to unhide them but I can only do this manually. Is there a way this for all the views automatically?

I tried to use this workflow below, and it seems to work for everything except for the hidden elements.

Would you have any ideas how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Hello, there could be something to learn about that from here:

Couple of issues to consider:

1. You are feeding in Link Instance of the whole linked structural model. Yes, a Link is a model element. It’s like you are asking the whole link to be un-hidden, which it is not.
  2. What you want to unhide resides in a different model. I am not sure these nodes were meant to work with linked models and respectively with their documents.

I would have to investigate this further, but I am not sure it can be done without modifications to the existing nodes.

Did you have to modify the existing nodes for the task to work? I’m interested to do the same thing that OP wants to do, which is unhide all manually hidden linked elements.

As I remember there’s no chance to hide/unhide linked elements in view/view template. I think API method is not exposed for linked stuff, but maybe I’m wrong (I hope so).
Attached some code to review ( req: spring node and archi-lab):

Hide Elements In Linked Model.dyn (10.3 KB)

1.run
2.select linked model
3 select linked element (tab over element)

Cheers

I think the Revit API doesn’t currently support the methods “hidelements” and “unhidelements” for linked files objects. Will have to wait for a future release.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/hide-elements-in-linked-file/td-p/5777305

Hey guys,

Any progress on this??

I’m really excited of the thought of being able to unhide linked elements as well.