Trying to get points in Roof with Roof.Points

Hi

I am trying to get points from roof, by using Roof.Points. But when I use “Select Model Element” i get an error saying " Warning: No property called Points on Revit.Elements.Element could be found ", but if I use same for Floor it works. (By using Floor.Points.)

Am I doing something wrong with roofs, is there a dirrerence?

Thank
Kristjan

i have the same problem:
What points do you need from your roof? Can you pls show us your roof?:slight_smile:

These ar just tests that I made to try it out :smiley:

you can select the edges or faces and than deconstrut these elements to points like this:

here is another way :slight_smile:

Thank you for this. :smiley:
Can this help me with manipulating the roof points? That is what I thought of doing when I would get the Roof.Point function to work. Use the Roof.MovePoint :slight_smile:

But original question is still not answered - why Roof.Points is not working? Or what shall be an input for that node? No roof is working for me.

1 Like

Same Problem, 4 Years later… Someone a solution? :slight_smile:

Same issue and still broke as a joke. Autodesk, care to chime in?

Not sure… is your roof shape edited?

If so can you provide a Data set and DYN to reproduce?

If not, then likely this isn’t the node you are looking for as it is designed to give the shape edit points.

Hi @jacob.small . Unfortunately, the forum is preventing me from uploading anything to share. I guess I have to wait until “they get to know me.” I submitted a case through GitHub until the gods allow :expressionless:

1 Like

Ah. Didn’t know you were too new. I bumped your trust level for future reference. I think this is the github issue? Crash report from Dynamo 2.12.1.8246 · Issue #14115 · DynamoDS/Dynamo · GitHub

We would need the files to reproduce the issue there as well to confirm the problem.

If you can post them here or there that would help - clean everything but the offending roof from the file and purge unused.

If you can’t get them to post anywhere due to file size you can utilize another file sharing service such as Onedrive, Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, Sharepoint, wetransfer, etc…

@jacob.small Technically not new, but the forum only let’s me log-in with my current Autodesk credentials. I still did not have permission to upload here so I attached to the github case. Thanks!

1 Like