Translate polycurve to planes at parameter

Hi,

I’ve been running into a problem with a U frame polycurve that i have generated.

I have generated simple line geometry to model: Top flanges, web plates and bottom flange of a steel u frame bridge.

geometry has been generated based on:

• an initial u frame from the required dimensions ( a sort of bounding box approach)

• top flanges for two extents ( the flange offsets may be asymmetrical) currently symetrical

• girder webs, where i have input some points at parameters for use later, I’ve been deliberate here with order.

• Bottom flange…a wide bottom flange with some points required for detail

I then generated a series of lines to make up a polycurve which I have been trying to translate the geometry onto a plane at parameters on a nurbs curve.

I’m a little perplexed, I was looking to create a group from the poly curves, translate onto the planes on the nurbs curve, unfortunately I seem to have a another knowledge gap.

The cross section that I am trying to model is this:

It was relatively straight forward with a series of rectangles where the planes were easily defined. I was thinking that the polycurve could be considered in the same manner as the rectangle, but it appears not that straight forward.

My plan was to project the polycurve onto a series of planes at parameters, works with a rectangle but I cannot seem to get the polycurve to be positioned on the planes possibly as its a compound curve?

U_Frames_NR_Rev_E.dyn (73.4 KB)

Any help appreciated.

regards

Kenyon