Transform a point cloud and surface mesh in Revit

Hello everybody.

How can I transform a point cloud and surface mesh using Dynamo for Revit?

Sustrugi will help you.

Thanks,
But, Who is Sustrugi?

And how do I contact you?

I’m guessing this: Sastrugi Package - Updated

Hi @edsonmatsinhea18
I am the curator of the Sastrugi package, what kind of workflow are you trying to achieve?
Can you describe how you are intending to author using your transformed points? A high level description would help us to support you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you very much for the help provided.

In fact, I need to attach a flat plane to a surface.
And this surface is in a point cloud, but first I think I should turn it into a Mesh.

Note: I recorded the pathologies of a tunnel in a reflected plane, 2D.
 And this tunnel is in the form of a point cloud arch.
 The Pathologies were recorded in a 2D plane of the Reflected Tunnel
Now I need to draw or attach these pathologies to the Tunnel plan which is an Arc, following the contour lines.
Ex:

Thank you very much for the help provided.

In fact, I need to attach a flat plane to a surface.
And this surface is in a point cloud, but first I think I should turn it into a Mesh.

Note: I recorded the pathologies of a tunnel in a reflected plane, 2D.
 And this tunnel is in the form of a point cloud arch.
 The Pathologies were recorded in a 2D plane of the Reflected Tunnel
Now I need to draw or attach these pathologies to the Tunnel plan which is an Arc, following the contour lines.
Ex:

I would focus on getting the tunnel as a workable/domained surface, and then check the lift of the points off the flat surface to get points in the tunnel at the same UV parameter, then project them away from the surface at their normal at that point by the measured distance.

If you measure along regular U and V grids you could loft the resulting points along the left/right grid to the tunnel to create the 3D outcome.

I tackled this in Grasshopper for some fun, haven’t got time for the Dynamo approach right now, but maybe this gives an idea of the process:

1. Equal point sampling and checking of height above surface. The unwrapped curves show how I’m relating this to the actual tunnel later

1. Take the same points on the domained surface of a tunnel, push the points outwards

1. Build the profile curves and loft the result

1 Like