Topologic - SimulationResult.ByEnergySimulation node fails

Hello,

I am testing a workflow that generates energy analysis, using topologic and open studio. It all works great, I am generating cell complex automatically from Revit rooms, creating EnergyModel, EnergySimulation and successfully exporting gbxml. The problem is viewing the simulation result directly in Dynamo fails:

Here’s the error message I get: “Fails to execute SQL query. There is an incorrect argument.”

I’ve tried the inputs for this node, just as specified in the documentation here: https://topologic.app/tutorials/Topologic-06-Tutorial04.pdf

Here’s a link to download all sample files: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free (some of their formats are not supported by the forum) - revit, dynamo, as well as openstudio template file (osm), design day file (ddy),
weather file (epw)

I suppose @Wassim_Jabi might come to rescue :slight_smile: :pray:

Hi @danail.momchilov

Here’s the best way to reach out to @Wassim_Jabi

As he doesn’t follow much on the forum but he’s quite active on discord, do join and i hope your query will be resolved even faster.

Regards,
BM

3 Likes

The inputs all look good. So I am suspecting the energy simulation input that I cannot read. I really cannot support TopologicDynamo. I highly suggest you import topologicpy and do all this in a custom python node. I have on GitHub a jupyter notebook for energy analysis that has all the python code. Of course topologicpy also outputs to HBJSON so you can use ladybug tools which offer a lot more options.

2 Likes

thanks for the info, I’ll join :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thx! I’ll test the python code. By the way, the other workflow we are testing is indeed Rhino Inside and Ladybug, but it seems topologic energy gives quite proper results (and they both use OpenStudio anyway). At least, for the purpose we are testing it for, which is quick energy analysis on a conceptual phase. In that sense, it’s much better, since we don’t need any external tools for the purpose. Just for reference, here are the inputs for the Energy Model:

Anyway, I’ll join the discord to dig more info there