Topologic package - "Wire.ByEdges" node not working

Hello Everyone,

any suggestion, how to resolve this issue in Topologic package - “Wire.ByEdges” node.
Some time it is working and some time it’s not.

@GavinCrump , @amw it would be very kind if you can help me

I’d recommend reaching out to Wassim via twitter or linkedin for this one - most topologic workflows go over my head these days…

1 Like

Same as Gavin.

1 Like

Thanks to @jabiw3SXRW , the issue here was that some of the points are not connected so using particular set of nodes could resolve it. Solution:- Using Cluster.byTopologies followed by Topology.SelfMerge will work perfectly.

2 Likes

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but just to explain that Wire.ByEdges is mainly meant for creating manifold wires (think a regular polygon) where the edges are connected head to tail. If your shape is more complex or has disconnected/isolated edges then it is considered to be a cluster, not a wire. So Cluster.ByTopologies followed by Topology.SelfMerge will give you the best possible representation of your shape. It may stay as a Cluster if it has disconnected shapes, or be converted to a (non-manifold or manifold) wire if all the edges connect to each other. Please note that intersecting edges will be sliced and a vertex created at their intersection.

2 Likes

And finally, if you need support with the Topologic package please visit our Discord Server (topologicpy):
Discord but also make sure you tag me because I don’t follow these forums.

2 Likes