Time-based increments on parameters values

I'm new to the world of visual programming and still have some hard time on getting my codes to work fine. I'm currently developing a reasearch on interactive architecture for my final graduation project and I'm willing to use Dynamo+Vasari to help me develop it. For that, time and movement are a huge part of the project and it's behaviour. I developed a study family to try some things about this and I'd like to know if there is anyway to simulate movement or manipulate a parameter/valeu based on time increments. The attached project is based on a group of block which height parameters are based on an atractor, related to a xyz(the human figure)

There’s no rush! I have this graduation Project due to February, so I’ll have plenty of time to work this through. The one I have developed already, as a study model, is here:

http://autodeskvasari.com/photo/albums/interactive-component

Ah, ok, I see that this is something that is going to require this kind of workflow. I might not be able to dig in till Monday, but we'll get this figured out.

Zach, I believe that I haven’t made what I want actually clear. The thing is that I’m working with interactivity in architecture and I have to simulate some behavior and relationships between components. Instead of working with number sliders and changing the parameters values manually, I was looking for a way to change the parameters with a given range, or sequence, automatically, so I could focus on the behavior on time, instead of changing it through a slider. In other words, simulate movement and the change of parameters on time.

I might not be following exactly what it is that you want to do, but I suspect that you are making this more complicated than it needs to be. The attached definition changes parameters of a family via a slider, and captures an image for each regeneration of the model.

Following the thinking line of the nodes you uploaded, Andreas, I've got to design one on my own that was more suitable for my needs. Since the capture of frames was something secondary for me, I removed the save image of view node and used it to simulate a movement of a block, through a number range node and a specific instance parameter. Also, I modified it to fulfill my needs of parameters, relationships and increment based movements. Came up with a new node, based on the image-o-dynamo, which I called BiParameter Operational Increments, which could relate two different instance parameters with a chosen mathematic function [ f(x) kind of function], establishing this given relationship through time, using a number range or sequence to control it. Since my interests are set on simulation of relationships, this would work fine for me. The custom node (badly named, I know) is uploaded here.

I'll download these and play around a little. Thanks for it, Andreas.

I ended up making the sequence by changing the parameters one by one and exporting each image. The result is here: http://autodeskvasari.com/photo/albums/interactive-component I got that I wanted but it took too long to simulate a simple cinematic behaviour.

There's a node that's called Save Image Of View which you could use for creating a sequence of images, at least in theory. I played around with it briefly but couldn't get it to regenerate the view after each change *and* take a screenshot. Maybe one of the fine folks of Team Dynamo can explain how to go about this.

I've got to optimize the program, cut of a lot of nodes and made it more parametric. Now I have a family of a line and a hosted point. I use this hosted point to drive the height parameter of the blocks as an attractor, this way the closest block to the point is heigher then the other ones. The hosted point has an instance parameter to control it, which when I manipulate, it's capable of simulating the movement. I tried to manipulate through the Image-o-matic add-in, but it fails to run the Dynamo nodes, as if it bypasses it.

Thanks for the reply, Andreas. I did it differently, controlling a free point, controlled via a xyz node and number sliders, attatched to the human figure on the image a posted. Then, I assembled a relationship between the height parameter of the adaptive components, their base point and the distance of it (xyz distance) to the free point (the human figure). I can simulate the movement of the free point by scrolling the sliders, but what I would like to do is to simulate it's movement on a time base, changing the position of the point automatically on the passage of time. This is similar to what the Image-o-matic add-in do, changing the valeu of a parameter based on time-increments.

Hi David,

use a line and a point hosted on that line to simulate movement.

Once Dynamo has placed the point, you can host your family onto it - it should then stay attached to the point once you start moving it with the slider.

You will find examples for an attractor pattern here, here and, of course, here.

I hope this will get you started.