Surface square meters of floors

I print the surface square meters of the tiles. I just want to write the sum of its side and bottom surfaces. but I can’t find the elements correctly. The lists are mixed. For this reason, I always write the wrong values to the wrong elements. Got a friend who can help? I’m grateful already.

Hi! It should be easy to fix, but it’s quite hard to see you graph from the picture at the moment :slight_smile:

Could you share it, or even just post a larger screenshot, concentrated only on the graph?

Is this what you’re after?

Test.dyn (10.9 KB)

1 Like

Alternatively, if you only want to find the side and bottom surface, you could just subtract the floor area from these sums. Depending on the type of parameter you are writing the data in, you might not need to convert all the sums to strings like I did.

1 Like

The mind is above the mind. great idea thank you

1 Like

So, is it possible to extract the intersecting areas of these surfaces?

It should be possible, but I am not sure I understand. Could you explain in more detail, please?

I am trying to create a die model. I need to extract the overlapping places of the floor, beam, column, curtain elements from geometry. and I need to find square meters of area.
FormWork Model.dyn (3.3 MB)

I see, now I get it. Yes, it’s quite doable, will try to fix this later or tomorrow. Hold on ! :grinning:

1 Like

Test.dyn (49.4 KB)
There you go :wink:

In short, surfaces had to be intersected, but that’s a bit problematic, as sometimes the intersection could be just a line or a list of lines, depending on the model precision. To go around this, I first remove the horizontal faces, convert all the vertical ones to solids and intersect those solids. Using the volumes, it’s easy to get rid of all the solids, obtained by an intersection with themselves. Afterwards, you just divide the volumes of the remaining ones by the thickness and you get the areas of all the intersecting surfaces.

I’m not sure if my explanation was clear :smiley:

Test it a bit to make sure it works for you :wink:

1 Like

By the way, using solids (or even faces) is a relatively slow approach. I’d suggest you test it on the largest model you have at the moment and see if it will work quick enough. Otherwise a completely different approach could be used

1 Like

Ustad, I did what you said. But I was not successful. Let me share the file with you, you take a look.
And in this way, the processing time increases.
Yüzey alanları yazdırmak.dyn (257.4 KB)
Model Scructure-dyn.rvt (3.5 MB)

Hi, did you check the graph I sent?

1 Like

hi,Yes, I checked. But I didn’t understand. You have made a transaction by finding the surface area in a list and the volume in a list. I couldn’t understand why

in order to get the correct intersection, you can’t count solely on surfaces, as in many cases they might not return another surface after intersecting. That’s why I am working with solids and then dividing the intersecting solids’ volumes by the thickness to make sure you get the correct surface area of the intersections :wink:

another approach would be getting the floors’ outlines and intersecting only the lines, this would actually be much faster. Please, test the first graph I sent to see if it works for you. I could try and give you the lines thing in the meantime :slight_smile:

I couldn’t complete this either.
Floor area node string or number?

what is the storage type of the parameter you are writing your data in? is it area?

Yes. Area Parameter

Test.dyn (64.9 KB)

There you go. I believe this works.

Here are the intersections, they appear to be obtained correctly:

I think values are also correct, considering those are the areas of: (the lower face + all side faces - all the intersections):

Just change the name of your parameter and let me know if it’s too slow for your model size. If yes, we could try a different approach with less geometry and more math

EDIT: working on the other solution already, will finish it soon when I have some free time

1 Like

Hello, you are correct. These processes take too long. My models aren’t too big either.