Specific Rooms select center location

Hello All,
I want to make a dynamo that changes the location the room that I can see in the current view.
Or I want to make dynamic active only for rooms with specific parameter values.
For example, I only want to get a room with an “A” parameter value of “X”.

I tried this and that and failed, but I even made a dynamo that takes all the rooms and changes them. What should I change?

Make sure your screenshot is legible before posting. Also be sure to pin all node preview bubbles so we can see your data and provide a copy of any python code so we know what’s going on.

I think there’s already a custom node that will adjust room locations back to the center of the room (if that’s what you’re after). You would just need to filter your room list by matching parameter values first.

1 Like

Oh, sorry!

Actually I used the package and I separated it to understand the configuration. Above Image is original node.

And yeah, I have that node you say. But, I don’t know “to filter room list by matching parameter values first”.

I want to make it or something that only work in the current view.
What I do?

Something here May help you, This example was shown on lighting devices and the filtering measure was the element name, but in your case you could use Element.GetParameterValueByName to get the desired parameter values you are trying to filter by and then send that into the keys list.

1 Like

First of all, your answer was quite helpful. Thank you.
However I used that solution, I can’t solve this problem.
Please help me one more.

I tried to get a list using Element.GetParameterValueByName.
Why I choose all rooms? I don’t know. What do I need to fix to get a specific room?

• I think I found one. Whether the boolean value is true or false, it only catches objects that do not have that value. Why??

on the FilterByBoolMask node the “Out” list is everything that doesn’t match the criteria.
the “In” would be a list of room that contains the string “dyn test” in the comments parameter.

This means if you want to get all the rooms that fit that criteria and carry them forward to the next parts of your graph it would be achieved as follows.

1 Like

Woooww!! I was doing something stupid.

Thanks to you, I solved that problem! Thank you so much.

:slight_smile:
Now when someone else on the forum makes the same mistake you can help them :slight_smile:

1 Like