Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndView not placing Views

I realize this is a long shot & I’m probably not providing enough information, but I’d have to upload WAY too much for anyone to test out my graph.
Anyway, I’m using the Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndView node to create Sheets and place Views on them.
Most Views it’s working fine, but I can’t for the life of me understand why it won’t place some of my Views. It places the two Dependent Views fine, but it won’t place any of the “parent” Views.
Here’s a screen shot that looks to me like all the info going in is valid, and I’m not getting any errors. The Sheets are all created, but only the two Dependent Views are placed on their Sheets
NoSheets

I tried mocking up a simple version, but this one behaves differently.
I’m still passing lists in to the Name, Number, and View inputs.
As far as I can see, it’s getting the same input, but the mockup puts all four views on the first Sheet. Behaves the same with Lacing set to Longest, too.SheetTest.dyn (14.9 KB)
Also tried the original with a few other Views. It seems to place the Dependent View fine, but won’t place the parent views.

More research. I accidentally put in the node that allows multiple Views in my mockup
Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndViews
is what I used. My original graph uses
Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndView
(singular, not plural)
Here’s the correct version
SheetTest.dyn (14.9 KB)

So now I’m back to my original problem.
It places the Dependent Views, but not the parent Views
4Views

@DaveP Please upload a Revit dummy file

Figured it out!
Believe it or not, salvatore, the simple act of your asking for a dummy file actually clued me in to what the problem was.
I started thinking:If I send a dummy file, it won’t have anything in it.
And that made me think “Hey! Revit doesn’t like putting completely empty Views on Sheets.”
So I went back into my sample project and made sure there was something visible in my parent view and it worked as expected!
The reason it worked for Dependent Views and not the parents is because I have the Crop Region visible on the dependents, but off on the parents.
I think I’ll still hop over to github and suggest that the node at least throw a warning if the view is empty.

2 Likes