Several curves in several lines (List Logic)

Hello everyone!

I recently opened a question on the forum and they solved it.

I would like to improve, since instead of selecting a curve for him to make the sine, I would select several
I believe it’s the auto-cross binding somewhere that’s blocking me from doing this.

Could you please help me?
Newmode.dyn (72.3 KB)

Seems to be your list manipulation with Geometry.Translate. You need to use list levels to get the distances applied to each geometry instance individually.

As a side note, you might consider using PointAtParameter for creating the control points along your curve rather than translating points along a vector. The problem with translate is that you have to know the vector along the curve as well as the allowable distances you can use for that instance.

1 Like

Thanks @Nick_Boyts, great idea about PointAtParameter, I modified it… it created the amplitudes but it didn’t create the curve.

Do you have any idea what can be done to get out?

Your list levels are off again. You seem to be translating all the points along the normal. They need to alternate direction and translate only one point at a time so that you have peaks and valleys.

1 Like

@Nick_Boyts
Thank you for the explanation.
I did the connection of the normal in the direction og Geometry.Translate, the point in the geometry and the sine function in the distance, but the sine wave still didn’t come out.
I don’t know what needs to be changed for the correct curve to come out

First of all, the number of “distances” you have from your sin function needs to match the number of points along your curve. Those thicker lines you’re seeing along your curve are the 500 points you’ve plotted along the normal at that parameter. You need one value for each point. Using sin to determine the value actually means you don’t need to flip vectors since they already contain negatives, so you can ignore that part. I’ll also warn you that a nurbs curve won’t match a true sin curve in the end, so you may need to reconsider what you want your final result to look like.

1 Like

Thank you for this.
Although it was simple to understand, I think doing it in the dynamo will be quite complex, I’ll leave it as it is.
Thanks for the help @Nick_Boyts