Set view range offsets in view template using Dynamo

Hi,

I have an existing view template for which I would like to change view range offset settings using Dynamo…

I came up with something but it only really works partially…

The thing is I want to only change the offsets but not the top,cut.bottom and depth levels… but the node “set viewrange” doesnt work if I only feed the offsets in, it needs the levels as well but then it changes the levels from associated to unlimited which I do not want…

is there any way I can only set the offset numbers and leave the levels set to Associated Level?

You can edit the custom node, copy the python node to the canvas, and then edit the python. If it’s the node I’ve seen it’s pretty straight forward.

I am pretty new to dynamo, not to mention python… I think I understand what you mean but not sure how to change the code…. if I put the code here tommorow are you able to help me edit it?

Sure, but give it a try yourself first. You don’t really have to change anything, you’re just removing the parts that you don’t need (level association).

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
I updated the custom node on the Github. Right click and Save as on the raw button
Replace the old node in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.12\packages\Genius Loci\dyf with this new one.

1 Like