Set family to a shared family

Is it possible to set a family to a shared family

Hello, I have the same question, did you find a solution?

Welcome to the forum :wink:
try as here if you are in family editor…if you wanna do it in project you will need background open and set and load again…and best in the future just create a new topic as this one here is 6 years old…

Revit_mOvIcv5Yfl

ps this one here could probably work as well if you are in a project

2 Likes

H

DHMHome.dyn (11.6 KB)

Hello, thank you very much for your response. The modification must be made directly from the project. I have tried to load the family document into the project, but I don’t know how to change the parameter “is shared” to “false”. Could you help me, please!?
Ps: I couldn’t find the node FamilyInstance.SetFamilyShared in Dynamo. What package is it from?

Hi @huret-molano here is some exemples if you are in project…if you wanna do it to a family folder i would try as already showed and use birdtool… here for families in project…

PS set shared to none if it is in project, dont think thats possible…thats the same if you try do that manully

but guess the original questions was for set family to shared ;9 :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much @sovitek ik for taking the time to respond. You are of great help to me. Finally, what I want to do in Dynamo is not possible… because families cannot be shared. :frowning: I’ll try to be brief and explain my goal, perhaps this way you can help me find another solution.
In my project, there are curtain walls with mullions and system panels that I replaced with parametric curtain wall panel families.

These curtain wall panel families have nested shared families from different categories (security devices, generic models, and doors)

The issue is that when I switch the project to a visualization platform, my project displays the shared nested families as dissociated elements.

I need to find a way so that when selecting the curtain wall panel family, all nested elements are selected as well.

“That’s why I thought about converting the nested families into non-shared ones. Since that’s not possible, I’m now considering the following possibility: Can we select all elements from the curtain wall panel categories and its nested families in order to merge them into a new family that will replace the old one?”

***PS :is Not a problem if the new family changes category. For example, the new family can be a window category.

Hi @huret-molano thats great, but as mention before its long away from the original user questions now…please create a new thread…and share all your data so we can try help