Selecting model elements based on parameter value

Greetings All,

I’ve been staring at this for a few hours now, and I can’t find where I’m going wrong. Basically what I’m trying to do is select model elements based on a parameter value, in this instance pipes based off of what piping system type they are on. What I’m trying to achieve is a way to dynamically change the workset an item is on based off of some other parameter value, again, in this case pipe system type. As always, I appreciate the help and guidance. Here’s what I’ve got. Thanks!

Capture

The Bool Mask in your definition is testing for equation between SystemID (a number) and System Type (which seems to be a string). Hence. it seems, an all cases the result is false and the same is reflected in your final out

Can’t claim I completely understand what you’re trying to achieve, but going by your screen grab, see if the suggestion indicated below works for you

20150831-2

Vikram, that worked perfectly, thank you very much for your input!

Just to go back and answer your question Vikram, this is what I was going for

Select Element by parameter value

Now I can go through and finish out the system type list, carry out the same type of “filtering” function for the rest of the system types, and be left with something that will go through my entire project, find all of the pipes, and assign them to the correct workset based on our standards. This opens the door also for other types of specification/standard/code enforcement type of scripts for our projects. Thanks again!

What package is the pipe system type collector from?