Select objects with SendCommand... Possible?

Hello.

If i use the “SendCommand”-Node and then have to pick objects…
Is it possible to give him the objects with dynamo e.g. with “Select Objects”?

In this exmaple i want to remove all assemblies at once from my drawing.

Have you considered just using the Object.Delete node once you have the Assemblies selected?

This is not working.
I just want to remove the assemblies from the model space.

If I “delete” the assemblies in the model space, they also will be deleted in the toolspace prospector and then the corridor regions will also be deleted which used these assemblies.

I think instead of relying on the send command you’ll have to dive into the API and work with the selected objects.

You can’t delete them from modelspace without delete them from rest of the file.
I’m thinking loud for now but what is the purpose?

If the purpose is to present the corridor outside your design file and use it for export to 2D or 3D, consider use of data shortcut and you will have a presentation without assemblies and then you can export the corridor objects.

Yes, as far as I know it is possible to hide/delete the assemblies in Modelspace while keeping them in the Prospector, for a few years already.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/CIV3D/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-69BD8F6F-60A5-4F9C-A8F3-5D6938FE9526

2 Likes

Oki, my bad. :slight_smile:
Thanks for info, always a good opportunity to learn something new :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is going in the wrong direction :smiley:

My question is:
If I use the “SendCommand”-Node and then have to pick objects…
Is it possible to give him these objects within dynamo? e.g. with the “Select Objects”-Node.

The assembly function was just an example.

1 Like

Sorry :joy:
Try to do the opposite, try to select the Assemblies and then run the command using Send.Command node.
I have used the Select node from Camber package and use a ”Passthrough.Waitfor”node with ”Object.Select”node as input to ”Wait for” and the command for remove Assemblies as input to ”Passthrough”
Downstream you set ”Document.SendCommand” node.

The Object.Select node is not similar to the OOTB Select Object or Toolkit’s Select Objects.

As in this graph where I use dynamo to select object with the same value in the propertyset, get elevation from a surface based on Block references position and pass everything in to Object.Select and Document.SendCommand

Is it possible to select to give input to sendcommand? It is to be able to apply other functions.