Select Element from Link Dynamo Player

I am using the “select element from link” node from the rhythm package, which works great in dynamo, but struggles in dynamo player.

In dynamo, I have this node set to “is input” and it shows up in my dynamo player.

When starting up the command in dynamo player, I am never able to get dynamo player to recognize that the linked element has been selected. See gif below.

Recording 2023-09-12 at 08.32.33

For a quick second, the selection list is populated with one element, but it is then quickly cleared and set back to 0. Any ideas on how to resolve? It works in regular vanilla dynamo.

Try looking at the springs package for an alternative to the select element from link node. There may be a node in that package that is geared more towards running in the player environment using the Revit on screen selection method.

@staylor, thanks.

The springs node doesn’t do exactly what I desire, I want to prompt the user to select the linked element in the dynamo player environment.

There does not appear to be a way to make the springs node user input.

You can add a popup message box to prompt the user first and use a passthrough to control the Springs node to execute directly afterwards. Give this a try! You may also try adding a transaction node after your Select Element from Link node to see if that works.

Test.dyn (10.7 KB)

Thanks, that does the trick.

Just curious, which option did you try?

I went with the pop up window and passthrough node.

Thanks again!

1 Like