Select all floors that are sloped

Hello everyone,

Happy New 2023 Year! :slight_smile:

So, I want to make a script that detect only the floors that are sloped. The ones with real slopes and also the ones that are modifies with subs elements as points. So I did examples in Revit for the sloped floors and usually when the built in parameters Elevation at Bottom and Top are “various” values then that mean that these floors are sloped.

I a trying to find that “various” value inside dynamo but doesn’t show. Usually is 0.00m value. Is there any way to detect this value or maybe some other approach to define if the floors are sloped or not?

Thank you in advance for your replies :)…

Hello
Thanks, Happy NY too

I tried another approach

I didn’t have sloping floors but the principle remains good

edit:
or, if you make a BB around your element the difference in z (of the min and max points of the BB ) should be the thickness of the ground if your ground is not sloping.
(faster this solution)

cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

@ceskoMU3VA , @christian.stan

As Christian said, One try can be useing boundingbox. If the heigth of the box is not the strength of the floor, you got them :wink:
getslopedFloors.dyn (24.7 KB)

KR
Andreas

2 Likes

Your solution is even faster :+1:

the “varies” is text string
you can filter by interposing object.type

cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

@christian.stan and @Draxl_Andreas thank you guys for your help.

You gave me three solutions that I can use for my case. Unfortunately I can’t mark all your replies as solutions. In attachment I did two diferrent solutions from your replies, with bounding box and with object type. I add also floors and roofs for this script.

Thank you again and I wish you nice Sunday evening…:slight_smile:

2 Likes