Seeking Solutions for Multi-Point Functionality

Dear Dynamo Team,

I’ve been struggling for days because it doesn’t work with multiple points. When I have just one point selected, it works perfectly fine, but when I select multiple points, it doesn’t work. I’ve been told that I need to delve into the topic of lacing, and then I can solve the problem. I’ve watched enough videos and I think I understand it, but the issue is that I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with my setup or where to address it. I’m relatively new to Dynamo, and I’m trying to improve day by day. I would be very grateful if someone could help me, and I would appreciate it immensely.

Best regards
Sinik

Share your dwg and dyn files, we’ll help.

Yes @Vladimir , very gladly, thank you in advance.
example.dwg (952.2 KB)
example.dyn (49.9 KB)

Thanks for sharing and also try that much by your self. Good job!!
To be able to help you, what is your purpose with your script?
Regards,
Patrick

1 Like

Hi @patrick.ericson see here
Instead of selecting just one point, I want to be able to select multiple points, but when I try to do that, it doesnt work, i hope you could take a look.

For some reason you have a couple of points that returns “null”, not sure but they seems to not be in between the Alignments stationing.

I added the Surface.ByUnion to have one surface instead of several.

Then I added the new surface to “Geometry.Intersect” to get intersection between that surface and the circles, because you couldn’t get a intersection between all surface and all circles

Then I created a point from CoGoPoint (just because I wanted a point instead if create it from Norting/Easting/Elevation but you don’t have to.

example.dyn (55.5 KB)

I also removed some of the tags (topics not related to Python, this is already Dynamo and Civil 3D) to make it easier to get correct search result.

Hey @patrick.ericson
thank you for your try.

Unfortunately, it is not what I strive for. When you have marked only one point, you get a result in centimeters, approximately around 1.5 cm or 2 cm, depending on the situation, so the distance varies from one point to another.

However, when I tried to mark multiple points because I wanted to calculate the horizontal distance to the surface, the results for the points you mentioned somehow appear empty. To be honest, I’m not sure what the reason for this is.

It’s as if the point in front of the surface is projected onto the surface with the same height and the distance is determined perpendicular to my axis.
And when I use your solution, the distances are referenced to some surface, and as a result, the distances appear to be very large.

Hey @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi would you like to take a look here ,thank you

Oki, it makes it a little bit more clear because I couldn’t understand what you tried to commit from your pervious posts.
I will try to give it another try

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’m still trying to solve it, but at the moment, I haven’t made any new progress.

The goal is to calculate the horizontal and perpendicular distances from the Point to the surface. Here’s a sketch; I hope it doesn’t confuse

Green is the point
Red is the Surface
Gray ist the distance that i want

1 Like

I tested another solution that works for all points and return small numbers.
Hope it will help
example_PATERI.dyn (42.9 KB)

3 Likes

Hello @patrick.ericson,

I sincerely thank you for your effort in providing a truly excellent solution. Thank you once again.

Best regards,
Sinik

1 Like

So glad it worked out well :slight_smile:

1 Like