Script to remove the discount from the window areas on the walls

Hey guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to create a script in Dynamo that when you place a window on the wall, the discount of the area of ​​that wall will not happen if the window area for less than a specific value, for example. Is it possible to do that?

yes, i think so:

Hi M.Owens,
thanks for your time in helping me, this solution you bring is almost what i need, but is there a way to program to select a category “Walls” instead of a single wall? And when I create a quantity table, will these discounts (or not) be present depending on the area of ​​the opening in the wall?

Oh, i remember the days when I didn’t know how to collect elements. You’re green! :slight_smile:

Well, here you go. This is about 75% of what you need to know when starting with Dynamo!

There are multiple methods for selecting elements, some are more efficient than others (in terms of CPU-load.) ByCategory is very efficient. I use type-name codes (like an AIA-layer structure) to simplify filtering items i need. This could also be used with parameters.

Anyways…that should be enough to get you started. If you end up using dynamo more regularly, you will definitely need a few packages. I recommend archi-lab, steamnodes, springs, genius loci, and of course clockwork.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help and tips, M. Owens! As you said, I’m starting Dynamo now and any advice / tip for me is very useful. This whole solution that you brought was very useful. Thank you again!

Any time! J

Hope you get it to work and continue to learn / use dynamo!

It takes some time to learn, but is worth it once you get the hang of it.