Running Dynamo and keeping objects created

Hi @jacob.small. Does this work the same for Dynamo for Civil 3D? I opened a dyn file and the “Bindings” section was empty, yet it was still remembering the originally created object in Civil 3D.

Nope - they changed things completely in the most recent Dynamo update, and now as noted in the release notes the bindings serialize into both the DYN and the DWG. The lack of a true GUID for element handles also makes things more difficult (same object handles are present in multiple graphs). The as this adds bindings into Dynamo Player as well as a host of their items.

Of note is that bindings appear to only be partial in nature - check my AU course for info on what I mean by that - but actually persist across sessions as well.

@nigel.peters and/or @Nora.Li may have more info info on the topic they can share as stuff moves along.

THANKS @zhukoven,
I’ve been looking for that solution without entering too much into the technicity of programmation…

The “Family Instance By Point Transaction” from Bakery is exactly what I need !

That’s a good and simple solution !

In the option number two, in order to make it work, after you close your Dynamo skript, you open Dynamo again, open your skript .dyn with drag and drop from the original folder or open it from “open file” (dont click in recents, otherwise it will delete your last work like it happened as you mentioned)