Rule Type & Category not working with Create Filter

Hi all,

I’m using Archi-Lab’s node to create a few filters though I am having problems with both the Categories and Rule Type nodes.

As shown in the image below, I want to feed a list of Categories to Create the Rule but it won’t work. Even when I feed a single Category not always work (ie: it does for Walls but not for Floors).

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks heaps!

2 Likes

I have the same problem… does someone knows what’s happening?

2 Likes

Hi Pablo, did you find a solution to your problem? I’m continuing having the same problem with this node…

Hi ste_camp, unfortunately I haven’t found anything new yet. Apparently it won’t work for certain Categories.

1 Like

Yeah I know, this node doesn’t work well… and seems that no one has a solution for this.

@Konrad_K_Sobon is there any restriction to the categories you can feed into ViewFilter.CreateRule node?

No, there are no restrictions. The only restriction is limitations of code that I used to build these nodes. They are not perfect. I haven’t been upgrading them because since I have published they are almost been deprecated. There are new nodes available in the OOTB Dynamo that can do exactly what you are asking for, so there is no incentive for me to keep updating mine. Just use the OOTB stuff:

I will remove mine from Archi-lab package as soon as new, and stable release of Dynamo comes out.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi @Konrad_K_Sobon, thanks a lot for clarifying this, I really appreciate it.

Thanks so much Konrad for all your hard work both in your wonderful packages but also all your posts and valued input you provide in these forums. I started Dynamo about a month ago but with searching and following tips in these forums I’ve developed a good grasp of Dynamo. The one thing I’ve still not figured out is in your post on March 12 above is how to loop through the ParameterFilterElement.ByRules node so I can feed a list of names so I could create more than one filter at a time. Usually we have a list of 100+ panels to create worksets for and then create view filters to help color the conduits from the respective panel workset. I’ve got the creation from Excel spreadsheet working fine.

Now I’m working on getting the user to input what worksets they want to create filters for as well as what categories they want to apply the filters too.

I’ve been digging around and think I found my answer but still having problems:

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/creating-filter-rules-list-manipulation/15011/9