Rotating curtain wall panels

Hi everyone, thank you for your help. I am new here, any idea welcome!

I would like to create a curtain wall consists of gradually rotating curtain wall panels. Would you mind giving me some directions ?

Thanks in advance !

Ku2322i

Hello Kui Xue,

I have come up with the solution which is no so user-friendly, but it achieves your expected results.

I will provide the better solution soon.

For now you can use this solution.

Download my Package from Package Manager. (RotateAdaptiveComponentDuringPlacement)

Sample Files are hereā€¦rotating curtain wall panels revit file 4PointADC you have to load this family to your project.

Thanks,

Ritesh

RotateADC

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you very much!

I 'll try it now.

Kui

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for your help. However I was not able to download the package you mentioned.

Ā 

When I was posting this question, I was thinking just use a generic curtain wall family . As shown in the first image, I set up an instance parameter ā€œAngleā€ to drive the angle of the curtain wall panel. And then load this family into the project file.

So in Dynamo, if we can assign right value to "Angle " parameter , then we can get what I expect as shown in the third image (using Element.SetParameterByName) . I donā€™t know how to assign a list of values according to the location of different curtain wall panels or baguettes.

Will this approach work? Thank you so much! Kui

Project curtain wall

@Kui Xue - See if this works.

Project File with a Curtain Panel Family: CW-RotatingPanels.rvt

Dynamo Definition: RotateCurtainPanels.dyn

Ā 

20150715-2

1 Like

@<span class=ā€œauthor-linkā€>Vikram Subbaiah</span>

Thank you very much Vikram!

1 Like