Rooms that are contained in an Area

Hey,

I would like to ask for some direction with my new dynamo script.

The idea is simple. In our office, we name Rooms with the number/name of the area they are in.
Example: Area: “Apartment 18” the Rooms in that apartment have a comment with the name of the area in this example, it is going to be “Apartment 18”. This is the way how our templates and schedules work and the people are used to it.

For larger-scale residential projects, this naming starts to be frustrating, so I am trying to optimize it without changing the company structure.

Here is where I am right now:

I have gotten to a point where I have matched the areas with the points from the rooms and gotten a list with true-false values for each area.

As most of my colleges are far from using dynamo I am trying to make it as simple as possible and dummy-proof.

The idea is to open a level and start the script. Level by level so it can be check as you go along.

I am still working progress with dynamo so any comments are very well welcomed.

Best regards,

I would look at Elements of category in View node and then Document Active View rather than collecting everything and string filtering.

I would look at the Archi-Lab package. They have a node called Get Area at Point, I think. You can get the centroids (centre point) of all your rooms and then use the Archi-Lab package node to find which area the point is inside of. Then you group the list of rooms by the area name parameters keys.

Thank you for the suggestion I am going to look into it. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the suggestion but I managed to solve it in another way.

1 Like

I am aware of that node, but I am unable to find it in the Rhythm library.
I am working with Dynamo core 1.3.3.4111 and Rhythm 2017.11.6

I have downloaded newer version but once again i wasn’t able to find the node. For know I am going to work with this.