Revit dynamo

I would need som help cause i have never used Dynamo and my knowledge in acad and revit is low.
So i have a 2D plan and one 3D dwg model with trees, in addition to one blank landscape revit file, where i can find the necessary tree families to place according to positions in the DWGs. It would be nice if the trees can be z-positioned as an option (but also possible to turn z-positioning off), hence both a 2d and a 3d file. The dwg files are geolocated. Can someone explain this for me in a easier way? Where should i start to be able to make this?

please read this first How to get help on the Dynamo forums

3 Likes

I know so little so i cant unfortunately describe my problem in antoher way. Would just be nice to get a push in the right direction

well, you have already know what you are trying to do, or at least have an idea. Start by searching the forums for autocad links and placing families. Try a few different search terms. Also searching google with “Dynamo BIM . . . .” at the beginning of the search might result in something.

Try going thru the on line training material here on the web site. There are people who are willing to help you once you have SOMETHING but generally do not want to do the work for you.

If this is something that your company does a lot of maybe it might make some sense to then hire a Dynamo/BIM consulting company to develop a DYN or add-in that will do everything you need?

Just some thoughts.

1 Like