Revit-Dynamo. If I replace a part of the family name, the name is changed

good afternoon to the community

I am writing to you about a problem that occurred to me when copying a definition in Dynamo. The main idea of said definition is to replace a combination of digits at the beginning of the family name and replace them with another example; A-INT- for ARQINT. I attach the definition so that you can analyze it.

The problem arises when I apply it, if the prefix changes however the family name changes, I hope you can help me solve it, I apologize for using a translator since I do not speak the language.

Beforehand thank you very much.

07_Familia prefijo.dyn (25.3 KB)

Can you show an example of what you’re talking about?

Are you saying that changing the family name creates a duplicate family instead of modifying the existing family name?

EDIT: Make sure you’re supplying the filtered list of families, not the original list of all families in the project.

In the first image you have the family with its equal description.

In the second it is the result of the definition.

Below I put images of the definition.

You’ve used FilterByBoolMask on your list for Family.Name, but not on your list of Elements that goes into Element.SetName. You also need to filter this so that the list of names align with your list of elements. Currently you’re sending 355 elements, but 265 names, so you will be putting the names on the wrong elements.

You are absolutely right, I missed filtering the list, but also if you join the Filter by Bool Mask node to the Element.SetName node it is resolved since the lists are the same.

Thank you very much for your help.