Replacing existing Family Parameters with Shared Parameters - doesn't work

Hello All, I’ve tried to use and simplify Aussie BIM Guru’s graph to replace existing Family Parameters with Shared Parameters of the same name. I must have done something wrong as it didn’t work.
I wonder if you could have a quick glance at it.

TEST.FamilyParameters.To.SharedParameters.dyn (51.1 KB)

@M4RC3L just a small tip to get the nodes’ name, before you click the Export Workspace As Image (the camera button), zoom in so you can see the name of the nodes then click it, this way you make sure the names will appear within your captured image.

1 Like

Thank you Tradellie,

Hope this one’s a tad better:

Ignore the bottom part please though, I thought I’d use it but eventually didn’t

At the end you’re using the element name instead of the actual element for the parameters to change.

Thank you Nick,

Sadly, even after change, it didn’t work either

Clearly, I am doing something wrong, just can’t quite put my finger on it.

Can you show the input lists you’re providing to the ParameterReplaceFamily node?

Nick,

Input to ParameterReplaceFamily node comes from FamilyParameters node via List.FilterByBoolMask. Not sure if that is what you mean…

HI all,
I’m trying to get it work for many families. i have opened them in the background and connected them to the node of the Crumple package but it didn’t work using the node levels.
i have tried to solve it by adjusting the Python script inside the custom node but it didnt work.

any ideas?

I am running into the same problem.