Replace Curtain Wall with Basic wall & keep doors

Hi All,

Something for the Dynamo wizards. See image below.

We need to convert a curtain wall to a basic wall for numerous levels, the issue is these curtain walls contain doors which we don’t to lose in the wall replacement process. We want to place holder family which can capture the door size, position & swing direction from the curtain wall.
CW2BWConversion.rvt (2.0 MB)

Hope I explained myself well enough. HELP PLEASE
Added mockup file which was done in Revit 2022 if that helps.

Hi @Ensilnj ,

If you extract the location of all the doors, windows, etc. in the curtain wall you could use those coordinates to place those exact families again. You could even keep all the parameter-settings of those items if you like.

What have you tried so far?

1 Like

Yeps please show us what you have so far…

Revit_se6hFDNJ9p

Hi Guys, the few successful scripts I have done was following YouTube tutorials & Google. I have spent all evening looking up every iteration of what I am trying to achieve & at the moment I just have crumbs…I found links showing how to get element location and how place components by x,y,z points but this nowhere near enough to help me bring it all together as complete script. @sovitek You seem to have a working solution, I will try build on what’s visible from your script & try run it home. Thank you for taking the time to investigate.

hello @Ensilnj …here is a way for a start…

dyncurtain.dyn (32.4 KB)

Wow! Thank you so much! It’s perfect.
I have reviewed the script; I have a responsibly to keep learning I owe it to the members of this forum.

To a large degree I follow the logic, with regards to the code blocks…am I correct in saying that the code block is how doors are being specified in the script? I want to attempt using your script on different door families and I want to make sure I am focusing on the correct area of the graph.

Yes you are right thats the door i just pick it manuelly with a codeblock…but here is a automatic way to pick them…Happy you can use it…but next time its best if you show something so it doesnt be a forum where people can get finished solution graph for free…if the solution fit you please mark it as a solution so it probably can help other as well…good luck

Understood, great thank you very much

Can i double check how the list & index should be connected?
I have tried various iterations & keep getting at this point.

1 Like