Replace cad block to revit family

Hi all.

I have revit model linked with cad fire fighting drawing and 100 above sprinklers cad block. I want replace this block with revit family sprinklers on same place.
Sam as Like in video below mentioned.

@rashidsohail27 ,

is your cadfile direct linked, or in a linked container ?

Need like this but not found

@rashidsohail27 ,

resultion is bad, so they are linked several times?
or embedded in a generic model?

Sir i want just. Replace cad blocks with revit family in revit.

What have you tried so far? Based on the video above it would appear you already have a working solution, why not just use that?

1 Like

Really i try to found this addin but not found on autodesk stor.

I don’t think we can help you if you have no prior knowledge at all, this forum is to ask specific questions, not to ask for off-the-shelf solutions.

Noproblem sir. May b any kind man help me.

Like everyone is saying you need to show you have tried something here. Here are two solutions that should work with minimal effort needed to research.

CAD Block remapper by Bird tools does exactly what you need, and is beta/free:
https://www.birdtools-developers.com/cbr.html

I have a video using Genius Loci showing how to replace blocks with Revit objects. It doesn’t focus on sprinklers, but a similar approach could be used:

I suggest you explore both of these resources thoroughly, and if they don’t solve your problem 100%, take it as a prompt to potentially learn more about Dynamo first. Given you have not shared any script or attempt for people to review I am assuming you have not tried scripting this yet.

3 Likes

Thanks sir. Great i save to much time.

1 Like