Renaming Specific Families

We have had to rename a few nested door families to better align with our office standard. As there are a few project which use these families I want to use Dynamo to rename them. I’ve pulled all the names from a project which I have to rename and renamed the correctly. I tried to set this up and it seems to work on a test project but I’m not sure if it’s the safest way of doing this.

The above seemed to work on my test project, I verified a few families and they seem to have been renamed correctly. How can I know this works on a live project and doesn’t screw up my family naming?

Just run the graph and remember you can undo in revit

Thats a very good point!

Does the graph only target the families in the “families to rename” code block or others also, I assume it’s just those. And it then renames them with the value in the other code block, like for like, ie if I had 2x names swapped it would end up renaming them wrong because thats what it’s programmed to do

It seems you are not just renaming families but also replacing them?
(I’m looking at your first two Swing Zone ones)

org
foobar-one
foobar-two

replacing
foobar-one for foobar-new
foobar-two for foobar-new

The last one would trigger an error … I think.

Not the intention to replace. I have the two of them because one is spelled incorrectly, I realise now it won’t rename because I’ll have duplicate names which Revit probably won’t allow. I need to fix that in the family

1 Like