ReHosting

Hello,
I am in a bit of a pickle here. During model cleanup linked Revit model was deleted (there are no previous versions and cannot be recovered). As a result 7000 Hosted elements are now orphaned. the previously linked model can be relinked. is there a way to re-host those elements using dynamo ( re-hosting to the nearest wall or something like that)… your help is highly appreciated. thanks

1 Like

Are you absolutely certain the parent model has no chance at recovery/rollback?

To my knowledge the dynamo workflow for rehosting orphaned elements is to source the location, then create duplicate elements in the same location with the correct reference hosting element, then delete the original orphaned elements. In terms of figuring out WHAT reference hosting element to host to, with 7000 elements you might run into some logic issues if you just do a simple geometry intersection check. Consider dividing this list by common element categories and usage first so that you can simplify comparisons (like only comparing light switches to walls).

You’re going to want to do this in parcels and visually inspect between runs to make sure placement is correct.

And save backup files!!

Revit 2022 has some new functionality to help with the resolution.

1 Like

Have to revive this thread. Has anyone been able to make this work with previous versions, namely Revit 2021?

I have around 2500 tags that have lost associations.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m also in the same situation, I have several hundred tags that need to be rehosted to a link. It’s a simple manual process of picking each tag one-by-one and picking the link. Option to pick new host grays out if more then one is picked. It is my understanding that Dynamo is great for these repetitive simple tasks. Has anyone seen a solution? I’m using Revit 2020.

Hello,

Did anyone ever find a solution to this using Dynamo?

This function is still not implemented in the API to date, so it’s not possible.
unless you create a new instance and delete the old, at the risk of losing information

1 Like