Recompute All Objects (ala Grasshopper)?

Hi All,

I’m currently developing some tests that rely heavily on reading/writing data from outside Revit/Dynamo (pretty much using the Python node for everything), meaning that I seemingly can’t set the Dynamo file to Manual and hit Run Workflow as this only appears to work if actual inputs/outputs within the graph has changed since last run. In Grasshopper Recompute will expire all objects on the canvas (yielding a complete recompute of the graph), does something similar exist in Dynamo perhaps:

2018-05-22%2012_45_19-Grasshopper%20-%20180220_BIG_Logo_00_

My current workaround is to set the Dynamo file to Automatic and have a Boolean toggle wired up to one of the upstream Python nodes, which I can then flip between True and False to recompute the downstream graph.

Cheers,

Anders

A few different options for that is suggested in this topic:

Personally my favorite is the SpringsUI.Refresh node, as this accomplish the “execute” in just 1 click.

4 Likes

Excellent, that’ll do till such a feature is added OOTB. Thanks guys…

Think this node is added to the core nodes in v. 2.0

Afraid it doesn’t appear to be there (yet):

Good to know though.

This is from the package SpringsUI by @Dimitar_Venkov. (However it does show up under core by design in pre-Dynamo2.0, after Dynamo 2.0 it will be in addins)

1 Like

I see, thanks for the clarification, I know it was from @Dimitar_Venkov’s package (SpringsUI)

But say this in 2.0 and thought that it had been brought into the core, my bad :slight_smile: An awesome node (and package) nevertheless

1 Like