Read/write location of schedule on sheet?

Hi,

I’m trying to read location of one schedule on sheet and set it for another schedule on another sheet. I’ve seen one thread here from May but honestly I don’t know how to apply it (it relies on input from files?). Anyone knows if there is some simple way to do this?

Hey there,

Have a look at this topic.

Hi @Jacek.Brzezowski, if the sheets are exactly the same, you can use the Tool.AlignFromTemplateSheet Node from SteamNodes.
It takes a sheet as template and then align the views on the other sheets and set them as the template’s.

I tried this node but with no luck in part “get schedule on sheet” it goes :

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 15, in
AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘Id’

No effect in general and node output is null. It feels like it’s a bit beyond me at this point.

Can you show the graph where you execute it with that node? :slight_smile:

This is how it looks before going into the node (which contents I copied to pinpoint where it fails):

Please share it.

As I wrote - next came the node you referenced to.

schedule location.dyn (6.2 KB)

It is because you’re passing a string to the node where it requires a sheet :-).

Can you show the drop down from the “All Elements of Category” node?

But, of course this graph has no sorting. I’m just assuming that the no.1 on the list is the templatesheet and the no.2 needs to be aligned as no.1. You’ll need some sort of filtering, maybe by SheetNumber or SheetName :slight_smile:

1 Like