I'm doing some work around surface tessellations, and I decided to test against a number of random points on a surface. Come to find out, the surface domain node was broken. I've fixed that now, and the domain node now returns the minimum and maximum in U and V for a surface. Creating random points was another problem altogether! As you can see in the attached workflow image, it takes splitting apart the results of the domain operation, creating two random sequences and then a ton of mappings to get the random sequences back into UVs. It's messy.

Here's 10000 points "randomly" arrayed on a revolved surface.

Hi Keough LAN,what is this component originally called? Why my dynamo do not have this component ? Thx very much !

My dynamo is the latest version.

excellent ?I will try it later !

More work on trying to get these tessellations to perform better. One thing I've been discussing with Matt lately is using the Analysis Visualization Framework to create temporary geometry. Jeremy Tammick has done a bit on this with his Appolonian Sphere Packing example. Documentation on the AVF isn't sterling and it wasn't until about 1am that I noticed that the key to drawing temporary geometry using the AVF is to use the GeometryCreationUtilities class to create geometry which can then can act as the face references for your AVF fields (Jeremy says as much in his post, but I'm not one for reading directions). What you see in the image below is actually a tessellation done with Dynamo drawn using extruded shapes (you can't just do lines) as temporary geometry. It's pretty slow, and when next I gather the strength to scale mount AVF, I might try doing the tessellation edges as a vector field instead of geometry.

There are about a bazillion uses for this. Off the top of my head... it would be nice to have a set of tools for panelling that provide visual feedback on the nature of the paneling, i.e. skewed cells, short sides, and acute edge angles, to name a few.

And once you've got the points, you can do tessellations! Starting work on a Delaunay/Voronoi node. It's somewhat unstable right now due to edge conditions and creation of elements that are too small. And it's quite slow to draw all the elements. Might have to go to Analysis Visualization Framework to draw the tessellations as temporary geometry.