Python; Create new circuit in panel and assign electrical elements to circuit

This is amazing! its actually working.:astonished: thanks @T_Power :star_struck:

Ideally id like the lighting circuits to be connected to the LCM as opposed to the arrows.

so i thought if i reverse the process and create the circuits from the LCM then connect the lights to those.

so i tried it and managed to get that working too.

Although graphically this is better, none of the loads from the lights are transferred to the LCM.

The circuits contain the data its just not passed through to the LCM.

image%205

the i think it might be something to do with when i create the circuits from the LCM it doesn’t assign it a circuit number.

creating the circuits from the lights, then assigning them to the LCM. That worked transferring the loads and assigning circuit numbers.

I tried assigning the circuits to the panel, but as the circuits originate from the LCM connectors it gives a circular reference warning.

Do you think its possible to assign the circuits to the LCM and give it a circuit number when the circuits are created from the LCM connections?

or perhaps there’s another workflow to achieve this?

i just cant seem to understand why when i create the circuits from the LCM it doesnt assign it to the LCM and give it a number!:thinking:

1 Like

Could you maybe share your revit file or a test file with the same setup and families? I never really create or assign electrical circuits for work so I have no reference of something similar myself.

I’ve uploaded a basic test revit file with the 2 dynamo scripts.

The Create Circuits_Wires.dyn does the first option with the arrows.

the other does the the circuiting better but not the transfer of data.

If you could offer any advice, really be appreciated! thanks!.

I don’t normally do the circuiting at work, as long as its graphically ok it should be fine, but someone i bound to ask for it to do it eventually.

Circuiting Test.rvt (2.5 MB)
Create Circuits_Wires.dyn (28.3 KB)
Create Circuits_Wires_test.dyn (51.9 KB)

This also go me thinking about other applications for this sort of python code.

If we can create a electrical system from an element, it should be possible to create mech systems from elements too.

Im thinking if you have an AHU or a series of them. each with a Reference and a series of duct connectors.

could you select all your AHUs and have it create all the duct systems for you.

so you end up with:-

AHU-01-S
AHU-01-E
AHU-01-EX
AHU-01-FA

Could be a tidy way of creating all your vent systems? :thinking: @T_Pover

2 Likes

It’s hard to tell why the fixtures are assigned to the LCM the way they are. I think this has more to do with how the LCM family is set up (there are connectors on it for creating circuits, but it is also connected to the DB), which is not really my field of expertise.
For the mechanical systems I actually already have a few nodes created for creating and adding to systems:

Unlike electrical systems, you do not need any elements to create a mechanical system. You can actually have empty systems and then add elements to those.

@andre.abotnes is it possible to access individual connectors in the electrical fixture families to power up individually. i am trying to connect fixtures to different panels ( emergency, regular ) through different connectors.

Hi @Nish_S. I believe @T_Pover has a good idea of how to solve this. I’m off work for a few months, so I wont be able to look into it :slight_smile:
A

As a starting point you could use the ‘Element.Connectors’ node to get the individual connectors. After that try filtering by the desired criteria to find the correct connectors.

1 Like

Hi,

for the same script, can we add control like every 10 fixtures connected to 1 circuit by chopping selected elements. if it is possible can you share the script.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

We need something similar but for Data Devices.
Can the Python be edited in such way it works for Data Devices (Like PowerCircuit to Data?).

EDIT

Can the Python be edited in such way it works for Data Devices (Like PowerCircuit to Data?).
The answer to this is yes.
Problem now is that every Family got multiple Connectors and each Connector needs a different
Circuit Number.

After going reading the topic a few times this is what we need i think (missed it at first)

But i kinda struggle putting the two Pythons together The original one and this one.

Sure, that’s possible, here is how:

Can you help me with this maybe? @T_Pover, @Cosgrovedt or @andre.abotnes

EDIT
I just tried stuff and it seems the .dyn from @Cosgrovedt worked for me.

1 Like

Only i need to figure out the order.
This one should get 1 to 4 and the next one 5 to 8 and so on.
Maybe someone (@T_Pover, @Cosgrovedt , @andre.abotnes ?)
can point me in the right direction to achieve this?
I’ll keep trying stuff myself in the meanwhile though.

EDIT
I have a different approach for this problem. I move the Circuit to the correct row (==number) in a second step (with another Graph).

Follow up question.

Would it be easy to to modify those three Python nodes so they work with multiple lists?