[Poll] Ask for what you need on right side panel

This would be great for comments on custom python nodes and general information on how a graph (and specific nodes) work - much easier than the “groups and notes” method currently used.

A favorite tab for my most used nodes. It is kind of annoying to write again and again and again the names of the nodes that I use.
I would like to have a grouping tab or feature as well, to help me see for ex. all the nodes that belongs to the category inquiry.
Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Hi,

When I was using Catia-XgenerativeDesing, I noticed two features that I came across that I strongly wanted to have in Dynamo, which provided a real convenience.

• You can drag any node directly onto the previously created “Group”. This includes the node you dragged into the previously created “Group”. It then regularizes the knots in the intertwined “Group” in one move. Here’s an example.

• Sometimes in the scenarios we create, we connect the nodes from a single variable, and it can complicate the scenario quite a while. In such cases, when we want to replace the variable with another node, we change the connection of all the individual nodes that are connected, which can be quite laborious. In such cases “Catia” has found a pretty good way.

Durmus

2 Likes

The connector actions already exist in Dynamo :slight_smile:

If you use Shift + Click on the out port, you can move these easily!

There are more in Dynamo 2.3 also - see here: https://dynamobim.org/dynamo-core-2-3-release/

6 Likes

Hi @solamour,

I missed the latest updates. Thank you for the briefing.

Durmus

1 Like

I have tried it, but it still have so much room for growth, i have couple of ideas to use Machine Learning in Dynamo

Adding “Favorites” to the Node Library would be phenomenal to have. Even the last 3-5 nodes that you have placed would be great too. Sure you can copy and paste a node you just placed, but I usually find that if I do that, the pasted node is automatically connected to other nodes.

how about Input type and/or Output type.

1 Like