Placing distance lines between two elements in different room

the electrical equipment in the model, and the architecture model which is the door room …linked .
if you want you can download the files .
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SGIkrJsbFJ3ad8qD1t3_KtEGPXgOyKVE
just you need to like the AK to EL filres :slight_smile:

You can get the Location from the electrical equipment and compare it to the linked room names of the doors.

Edit: Noticed FamilyInstance.Room seems to only get toRoom and not fromRoom, so you’ll have to watch out for that.

i can see here ;/

Door.Rooms from Clockwork will work instead.

1 Like

same problem finding the list roundly, even in a simple file without linked, :frowning:

windows vs doors!

You can’t just combine the groups. You still don’t know if the rooms match up that way. You need to compare your two lists of unique keys and get them in the right order.

If you know that every room has a door and a window (or electrical equipment) you can get by with sorting the grouped elements by room. But that usually won’t be the case for a typical project.

thank you, for responding,
you mean this
i am not sure you could help me to start with graph? because i almost tried every way , and still at the same result .
thank you :slight_smile:

I’m just talking about the unique key output from GroupByKey. But like I mentioned, it all depends on what’s in your project. Can you show your graph again with all the previews turned on?

here we go

and this normal example:

here all files, if you would like to to try you need to link AK to EL

Can you pin the node previews so we can see what’s going on in your graph?

Sorry nick, I left the office and I don’t have access to the pc , I would send it on Monday:/
Really thank you for responding

here we go

You need to get the Rooms from the Doors. You can’t sort the Doors by the Furniture Rooms. There’s no connection. Combine the Furniture and Doors into a single list. Combine the Rooms of each of those elements into another list. Use the list of Rooms to group the list of placed elements.