PerspectiveView.SetOrientation

Can anyone shed some light on the View input please? I get that Eye and Target are XYZ coordinates but what am i suppose to feed in View?

Thanks

I guess you’re referring to PerspectiveView.SetOrientationByEyeAndTargetPosition from package Clockwork (which I thought I had renamed to PerspectiveView.OrientToEyeAndTargetPosition but apparently haven’t)? The view input requires any unlocked perspective view from your projects. Easiest way is to use the built-in Views node to select a view.

yes exactly, PerspectiveView.SetOrientationByEyeAndTargetPosition.

Got it to work with 1 single view, now onto gettting it to work with several.

Im running into a little issue. Seems like the points by coordinates for the Target is different then the eye. I think im using the same process though. I will also post the node

Pespective

Here’s a link to the definition https://www.dropbox.com/s/g16pmrpra0lawnn/Stadium%20Seatings.dyn?dl=0

Thanks for the help

Looks like the file is broken…

Sorry for that, here’s the proper link https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gh9payartbgk79/Camera%20from%20Seatings.zip?dl=0

Daniel, if you’re looking to create a separate view for each seat, PerspectiveView.SetOrientationByEyeAndTargetPosition will not do that for you, it just moves an existing camera - you will need to use PerspectiveView.ByEyePointAndTarget (which is already in your graph but seems rather buggy - I only get really distorted views from this node).

Good i feel less stupid then i thought :slight_smile:

Any idea what i need to attach to element? Is it the element i want to see in the view? If so it’s a bit useless unfortunately unless i can say All :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help

The element input shouldn’t be in that node at all, I think. Looks like a bug to me.

Crap so im stuck ahahahah

Any chance you wrote a node, i mean you have like a gazillion ahahahah :wink:

any update on this? I have a problem with a stack of seats, Dynamo won`t read the location, both with the family.location node and element.geomtry node, I created the family as an a array of n elements, each one being the seat. I have different type inside the family corrisponding to the number of seats. Then I will be use them as eyeview point and use the node

discussed above