Pay Item Property set pipe

Hello everyone does anyone know how to extract pipeline pay Items via property sets? and how?
Thanks

Can you share a .dwg that contains some entities with the data you want to extract?

Hi, as requested attached the file with pipes that have pay Items, I want to create a property set to extract them and with Dynamo copy the values into solids. With Civil3D and Dynamo I have not found a way to extract the pay Items.
Disegno1.dwg (4.2 MB)

Please include pay item file.

Sorry,
to both files delete the first .txt extension because I couldn’t attach it, thanks
Svizzera.rar.txt (3.3 KB)

So Camber has some nodes for working with quantity takeoff criterias but I am not super familiar with them and am messing with them for the first time right now. What exactly are you trying to do? Create a property set that contains the length, material, type of structures, ect of each entity, generate solids and then attach those property sets to solids? If that is your intent I’m not sure pay items are the way to go on that.

1 Like

thank you for your response, my goal is to extract just the cost code and attach it to the solid in Switzerland are called CPN, as I can do for the corridors you see in the image. I need the codes to then map them in Navisworks and do the 5D. I will try to use the nodes you indicated and let you know soon

1 Like

I checked but they only refer to the material calculation, I have to extract the code as in the picture. Thanks anyway for the node package they are very interesting. I will let you know…

1 Like

When I was looking at the nodes I know are available in camber and elsewhere there seem to be nodes for getting QTO criteria but I couldn’t find anything for getting QTO associated with specific objects. I know that kind of action is typically done with property sets or object data. I can see that you can see the associated pay items by using the “EDITPAYITEMOBJECT” command but I’m unsure of how the data can be read externally. Perhaps there is a way to get associated pay items by civil object but my guess is it would have to be custom generated by reaching into the .NET API.

Are these pay item codes standardized? Like different pay item codes apply to different size and material pipes and different structures? It may be possible to use an excel file that has the codes listed by case and apply the codes to the pipe network pipes and structures based on their properties as property set or object data. Then you can turn the pipe network into solids and copy the data over. Just a thought.

1 Like

The codes are Standard, I would not want to go through excel since Civil3d applies these codes automatically, but it would be a solution thank you

1 Like