Parametric Cable Stay Bridge

Can anyone provide suggestions on developing the following cable stay bridge parametrically with dynamic inputs such as cable spacing, tower heights, bridge length, deck “Z height elevation” and developing adaptive concrete and cable components?

Another concept:

Bridge supports can be ignored for simplicity.

1 Like

Yes it should be possible try take a look into Brimohareb package it could probably help …btw nice bridge isnt it Øresundsbroen between Denmark-Sweden

Hi @sovitek…correct its the Øresund bridge :+1: I will take a look at the Brimohareb package, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @asiric805 …probably something here, it isnt so elegant and can for sure be better…

first i made the bridge profile in a drafting view and transform on a path from 3d view…probably it could help…but keep in mind its just an idea :wink: :wink:

øresundbro.dyn (203.2 KB)

5 Likes

Amigo @asiric805 buenas, a few months ago I made a “Parametric Bridge” to test Generative desgin of revit, what I did was to create very basic geometry with simple controls renaming number slider, then I was creating more geometry based on this base geometry, so everything is linked and follows the modifications of the base geometry, at the end is just create revit elements based in the geometry generated, I leave an example I hope it helps you; for the cable i belive that create an adaptative family with a start and end point will be a good solution. Master @sovitek Nice bridge by the way!!

For Asiric.dyn (41.1 KB)

1 Like

Hi @gilberto.arechigaiba …great…always nice with many options :wink: ijust tried another approach :wink:

Revit_B9oI7jJU0U

3 Likes

Thanks @gilberto.arechigaiba and @sovitek…very good insights, this works :pray:
@jacob.small also has another version here: Translate Curve Points - #10 by asiric805

Thanks all for your help and time :+1:

1 Like

Amigo @asiric805 I knew I had seen the way to create a cable with an adaptive family, I leave you the link and my exercise, although I would like to challenge you to improve yourself and create your own adaptive family.

REV_STEEL_CABLE.dyn (29.0 KB)

Master @sovitek Excelent Work, and i acept the challengue i will recreate my own suspension bridge!! :sunglasses:
My own bridge

1 Like

heheh Great :wink: yeps many ways it can be done…for me it was just a fast exeample, how i think it could be done as i know that bridge very well :wink: but my example is more Great Belt bridge as i dont think Øresundsbroen double curve between the pylons…and i am absolutely not a structural/civil engineer am more into HVAC…looking forward what you come up with…cheers :wink:

EDIT yes it is straight between pylons, but the bridge is only a small part of that big infrastructure project between dk-se…Øresundsbroen - YouTube

Thanks @sovitek :ok_hand:

1 Like