Organize an excel file by family and type

hello,
I want to organize excel sheets according to families extracted from REVIT with a dynamo routine.
I first thought about creating a filter but it doesn’t seem to work.
I thank you in advance for your help.

bonjour,
je souhaite organiser des feuilles excel en fonction des familles extraite de REVIT avec une routine dynamo.
j’ai d’abord pensé à créer un filtre mais cela ne semble pas fonctionner.
je vous remercie par avance pour votre aide.

It’s easier to organize your data in excel.
If you can add a column (Element.UniqueID ) you can easily get your data back in Revit.

thank you for your return. but I extract data from REVIT using DYNAMO in an excel table

Yeah, but was trying to tell you that once you have the Element.UniqueID it doesn’t matter how your Excel data is organized,

ok. my approach is as follows:
climate engineering equipment includes several types of elements and I want to list each element in a separate excel sheet

Start by making it work for a single category. Then you can scale it to multiple categories afterwards. Look into GroupByKey. You’ll want to use this to group your elements by category before you write them to excel. Also make sure your list structure is correct for the excel inputs. You’ll want a 3D list for a single sheet and a 4D list for multiple sheets.

1 Like

thank you for your return. I will try to see this and hope to have understood the approach