Orchid install multiple definitions

Hi, I installed orchid but now its giving multiple definitions in python into some nodes and messing up scripts. This one is clockworks character.fromnumber. Is there a way to resolve this?

The main way to resolve this is to rename the code in the codeblock (that isn’t python) to the full qualified namespace.

So in your case,
Math.Floor((n-1)/26)

would become
DSCore.Math.Floor((n-1)/26)

but I did think this was fixed previously so it is a bit odd for it too show back up.

for further help, you are going to have to ask the Orchid package author as he can make changes to remedy this for end-users (FYI, he most likely will not.).

The last time I mentioned anything about this package this is what happened to me. :man_shrugging:

but yeah, it is probably going to be up to you to reconfigure a ton of codeblocks.

4 Likes

Also, a way that other package authors have fixed this has been to use different namespace naming. That is why you see plural values in Rhythm.

and in Archilab:

5 Likes

Thank you John. I will just not deploy orchid to everyone else’s computer to save a lot of hassle

4 Likes

I’m not sure this will work, but in the .dyn there is also an entry called namespace resolver, it should map short name spaces to full ones… if you have tons of namespaces to remap you might try editing that entry as an experiment…

backup your graph first :grin:

You can always do a find and replace as well in a text editor.

4 Likes