Offset FeatureLines

I’m very new to dynamo and still trying to understand. I design preliminary plans for surface mines. we use the “stepped offset” for feature lines to crate the pit. I am trying to design a Dynamo to automate that process. I have the dynamo as far as identifying the feature line to offset but that’s as far as I have made it. Any suggestions?

As long as you are trying to understand Dynamo, it is best not to start writing scripts for production but first learn the basics. It is very easy to make mistakes and take results for granted.

That being said, if you install the Civil 3D Toolkit package, you probably could get the Feature Line geometry into Dynamo where you can offset the curves and bring the results back into Civil 3D.

Thanks, and I hope you’ve had a good holiday season.

I have already watched several videos and created one Dynamo for generating elevation labels at PI points along specific featurelines as practice and better understanding. This offset is the main reason for us even looking into the dynamo software. There isn’t much info out there still yet for Civil 3D. All the videos I keep seeing state that no programming experience is necessary, I will strongly disagree in my experiments so far.