Null Results Filter

I am trying to get rid off null results. I tried adding an if node but didnt work. Is there a node that can get rid of null results?

Thank you,
Jorge

Use the flatten node :slight_smile:

still not working :frowning:

What is the error you’re getting?

Its not really an error. My graphic works, I just want to filter out the null results so that I dont get any warnings. It basically searches for all generic annotation families and looks for parameter Sheet Name. If parameter does not exist in family it shows null.

You are not flatten any nulls because they are not null. They have a value :slight_smile:

What if you create a filter that removed your ‘- - -‘ values?

yes! that would probably work. Would you please help me??

Yes of course.
Use a equal node, like ‘==‘. Pass a string value with ‘- - -‘ in it. You’ll recieve false and true. Use a FilterByBoolMask node to get the false :-).

mmhhh still giving not working

You need to pass the Element.GetParameterValue to list in FilterByBoolMask and the == to Mask in the FilterByBoolMask :slight_smile:

I am getting closer! but it seems showing nulls as results

What is the yellow error message?

it says operation failed and no parameter found by that name

I tried Dictionary.GetValues but doesnt do it

I tried flatten and still not working :frowning:

Simply error that says: your generic annotation don’t have a parameter assigned called sheet name :slight_smile:

but those are the only ones that do have the parameter. the ones we filtered out are the ones that did not contain that parameter.

Try Manage.RemoveNulls from Lunchbox

I am using Dynamo 2.0 I think it doesnt work for my version :frowning:

You also need to filter out the elements that don’t have a value. Right now you’re filtering out the values only and then trying to apply those values to the elements that don’t have the parameter. Use the same mask on the list of elements before assigning the values.