Need help with view building graph

Hi all,

My first post here. I’ve done a lot of LISP and C# coding but this is my first attempt at Dynamo. I want to build a program that creates a set of new views for guestrooms in a hotel. I fist placed a scopebox at each guestroom type (K1, K2, K3, etc). Then, I name each scope box to include the room type name and the level where it was drawn.

I can successfully:

1. get the scopebox elements
  2. extract the name of the scope boxes (to get the room type and the level where drawn)
  3. get the level for each scope box and isolate the room type names (K1, K2, K3, etc)

This code can create view a single plan view of each of the 4 room types. The next step is the create 4 types of floor plans type needed for each room type (Floor plan, FFE plan, Floor finish plan and Power plan).

It seem like I need to mash up these lists so have a list with all the levels repeated the same number of times as the plan types, then another list with concatenated text: room type name+plan type name

list1 List 2 (room type name + plan type name)
L0 K1 FLOOR PLAN
L0 K1 FFE PLAN
L0 K1 FLOOR FINISH PLAN
L0 K1 POWER PLAN
L2 K2 FLOOR PLAN
L2 K2 FFE PLAN
…etc…

1 Like

never mind…found a way!

1 Like

Why not share your solution for anyone ending up in this topic with a similar problem / issue?

1 Like

Hi! Great start with Dynamo! To combine levels and plan types, use nested loops to iterate through the lists. Utilize the information generated to create specific floor plans for each guestroom type. Need more help? Feel free to share code snippets or specific challenges!