Need help with Dual language translation code...Again

01-TranslationFile.xlsx (62.2 KB)
25-Extracting Text Type Names from Revit.dyn (37.9 KB)

I must be going crazy. I have tried to generate a multiple worksheet excel file that will allow me to send an all inclusive file to someone that knows Spanish and can then just translate straight across from the documented English fields in the Second column of each worksheet (English column) in the third column (Spanish). See Attachments.
I thought I was onto something good but now I have an issue where I cannot seem to organize my thoughts (in the graph) to get the Shared parameters I am using to populate the Spanish text types throughout the entire project document. Seem simple, Get all text types that do not contain the word Spanish in the type name and then get the contents of those elements and export out to the 2nd column in the spreadsheet. Then I do just the opposite to get the Spanish counterpart by finding all the types that do contain the word Spanish in the type name and then export all of those elements contents into the 3rd column of the worksheet. The screen snips I took of the project are showing Sheet and View names that are Shared params, But I am also using the same strategy for all the notation in sheets where we have a 3mm Arial text type that is in English on the top of each note and then we are using a text type with Spanish in the type name to propagate the translated text below.
Clear as mud?
I really need help, believe me, it’s not like I haven’t tried!
Thanks everyone,
Dave

Hi @Dave_Vaughn,

See if this helps

GetText.dyn (21.3 KB)

Yes Sir! That will help for sure. Thank you very much!
The last four nodes on the end of the graph are just renamed watch nodes correct?

You’re welcome.
Correct, they are renamed Watch nodes.

I am in the process of hooking it up to pump it out to my spreadsheet. I will post it back so others can see my progress and maybe help others.

1 Like

@Dave_Vaughn
In case if you want to remove the unnecessary whitespace, try this out

Hmmm…I will have to see what it looks like when brought into Excel, but it will probably be very useful. Is this something that a list.clean command would work with also?

Nope. List.Clean will remove nulls and/or empty lists from a given list.
It will not work to modify any strings.

Gotcha!

I think I am getting close!

ok, now I am not getting the columns as I expected…Does Lacing need to be set to longest on the last list joins? tryin to get three columns: 1 all ID’s 2 English 3 Spanish

@Dave_Vaughn Here you go:
GetText.dyn (41.3 KB)

Well I think I was close:

I don’t like the results though. One thing, Excel is cropping the rows of text as it is so long.
I don’t know how people will use this if they don’t have the English directly across from the corresponding Spanish fields that need to be filled out?
Have I created a monster here? I don’t think this will help the process now…geez

Updated…I had to go a bit different route to organize stuff better. It seems to be getting closer to something useful!

1 Like