Namespace

Sorry, to chime in, but…

It seems to me that the naming in designscript is powered by the class, and namespace used in the c# coding.

e.g.

(I know the Canary package is not replaceing values, it is my own package and attempt to understand and learn C#, so bear with me as it is solely representational atm).

That said the changes to the naming in node to code seems to be powered by the naming standard used in the c# coding. And if there are several different packages using e.g. “List” as the static class then you need to specify which to use.

If the developer named the static class e.g. “AndenPrivateClass” as seen below there would be no need to add the package name as there is no conflict/problem identifying what we’re dealing with.

I know it is possible for the authors to control this naming even further but I have not reached that part of my C# knowledge/training as of yet :slight_smile:

And lastly excuse my crude coding, have only been dealing with C# for a few hours so far and going from Python it is a lot more strict

7 Likes