Modification tracker of Data Shapes does not work properly with multiple categories

The following workflow with the modification tracker in Data Shapes does not work when multiple categories are used, do you have any solution? Apparently using multiple categories shows wrong elements.

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubitestx.dyn (17.1 KB)

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t mention the categories earlier
@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi

Hi @sajithwetta,
not sure what’s going wrong there

I would venture a guess it’s one of the categories. Step through each one and see if there is a specific one that breaks the graph.

2 Likes

@sajithwetta just wanted to say thanks for making me aware of this script! Using it already - loving it for scrutinising engineering models… so convenient vs. Navisworks export/import alternatives

Also thanks @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi, data-shapes is quickly becoming an essential package for my users!

2 Likes

Can you define what you mean by ‘changed geometry’ in your nodes? If I extend a wall it would count as a parameter change I think…

The geometry change basically consists in breaking down every geometry to its vertices, and comparing those vertices to the previous version. So an extended wall will be listed as an element with changed geometry and parameters (because length, surface and volume will change).