Mid line of curves in link cad

I WANT TO DRAW MID LINE(CURVE) BETWEEN TWO LINE IN LINK CAD REVIT DYNAMO

Assuming you have selected the existing curves as pairs:

1. Curve.PointAtParameter with parameters 0 and 1 using correct lacing and list levels to get both the start and end point of each curve.

2. Flatten the list or otherwise restructure it so the points are sets of four points in a sublist for each pair of lines

3. Line.ByBestFitThroughPoints node to draw the line you are after.

1 Like

NOT UNDERSTAND THE REST

Before this point you need to group your lines in pairs. The list should look like this:
[[crv1,crv2],[crv3,crv4],[crv5,crv6]]
Right now it looks like this: [crv1,crv2,crv3,crv4,crv5,crv6]

For the point at parameter, use a list of 0 and 1 with lacing set to cross product. This will put the points into one sublist of four points for each pair of curves.

Line.ByBestFitThroughPoints will be straight forward.

1 Like

thanks for your tips
i make this and work

Dear Zaghloul;

I really need to write a script that can create mid line between two lines of AutoCAD link in Revit.
As I can see you have used some custom nodes and packages that I can’t find them. Could you please send this Dynamo script that it’s picture shown here? or any help that I can create this script?

Thanks in advance.

This method needs to be improved when parallel lines are different lenghts . Drawing midline according to longer line and intersecting to other midlines is another thing.

end poind of midline = end point of long line - (lenght between parallel lines)/2
start poind of midline = start point of long line + (lenght between parallel lines)/2

midline