Material Areas/List Combination Question

Hi all,

Im trying to get material areas & volumes out to excel, but have hit the limit of my knowledge.

Essentially I want to calculate the TOTAL area of each material rather than the area of each element with that material (imagine that “itemize every instance” is unchecked in the schedule) and take that value, along with the material name, into excel.

At the moment the only way I can figure is to extract that data through the Element.Materials Package node, which is fine. But how do I recombine those lists to sum up the areas of the duplicate material names ie, wall one has materials A,B & C but Wall Two has materials A & C. How do I find the sum of A, B & C based on the material name?

Is there a good place to learn about the various ways to manipulate Dynamo lists, or is this a Python learning point?

Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

Hello Brendan

I had the same problem in finding the total area of a material. Did you find any answer?

Hi Brendan & Sam,

Below is the answer your looking for Sum Material Areas by there names. Good Luck!

Hi Kulkul

Thank you so much for your quick and accurate response. Cheers!

please can someone help me? i have done all the procedure how can it export /get the schedule into revit? thank you

Hi Tchama,

Where are you looking to export in Revit? Are you trying to create schedule.

@KULKUL, PLEASE I’LL LIKE TO EXPORT IN EXCEL OR CREATE A SCHEDULE IN REVIT …THANK YOU

Hi everyone!

this is the sollution